Can Your Garage Door Sustain Hurricane-Force Winds in Ocean City?
Our Fort Walton Beach technicians have been restoring storm damage in Ocean City for over twenty years. The Florida Division of Emergency Management website reports that more than 90 percent of damage to homes during hurricanes begins when the garage door fails.
What type of doors are best for high-wind locations?
- Wind- and impact-rated doors that are tested and approved. Wind-rated is good, and impact-rated is better.
- Single-car garage doors usually resist wind forces better than two-car garage doors
- Doors without glass, or glazing, are better than those with glass or windows (unless the glass is impact-resistant)
How can you strengthen your existing garage door?
- Check the mounting brackets and connectors and ensure the screws are tight and the track is not loose
- Add mounting brackets and connectors if you only have three or four on each side
- Replace rusted pins or worn-out rollers, and make sure they are balanced
- Consider a bracing kit if the door is weak. If it is, it may fail and wrap around the bracing.
Call Us Today!
Our team in Fort Walton Beach is always Here to Help ® when your home or commercial business in Ocean City has a storm damage emergency. We typically arrive within four hours of receiving your call for help. We’ll restore your storm damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.