Refrigerator Floods Floor in Fort Walton Beach?
Our local technicians in Fort Walton Beach have over twenty years of experience restoring water damage. I had no idea my refrigerator could flood my floor until it happened!
In a study published by the Institute of Business and Home Safety (IBHS), 75 percent of water damage losses involving an ice maker were caused by a supply line failure. Proper installation of the ice maker supply line hose is essential to avoiding water damage.
Here are some refrigerator loss prevention and maintenance tips from the IBHS:
- Tightly connect the hose to the valve, and avoid over-tightening
- Ensure the valve connection is secure and check for kinks
- Inspect the hose every six months
- If kinks are present, replace the hose
- Leave a three-to-four-inch space between the back of the refrigerator and the wall to prevent the hose from crimping
- When pulling the refrigerator out for cleaning or service, avoid getting the hose caught beneath the wheel
- Locate the water shut-off valve
- Inspect the valve every six months to make sure the water supply will shut off, and replace the valve if needed
Call Us Today!
When your home or business has water damage, our team in Fort Walton Beach is Here to Help. ® We’ll clean and restore your water damage in Fort Walton Beach “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.