Storm Water Intrusion Prevention Tips for Fort Walton Beach Homes?
Along with the rain comes the challenges presented by water intrusion. Our local technicians in Fort Walton Beach respond to water damage emergencies throughout the year, and we see the damage even a small leak can do to a home. Here are some helpful tips from the Insurance Information Institute to keep your home protected from unwanted water:
You can prevent water from entering your home by inspecting your home’s exterior for any place where water can enter the home and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check your rain gutters and remove any debris that may be clogging them
- Check your downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the house
- Gutter guards are a good way to prevent clogs and water intrusion into the house
- Check your sprinkler systems and make sure they are not spraying water into the house and that water is not pooling around the home’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the building.Water is invasive and will find its way into a structure easily when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is already saturated by rainwater, the water may enter into the foundation wall through any cracks.
When your home or business has storm damage, our team in Fort Walton Beach is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.