Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips for Fort Walton Beach Residents?
Our local team in Fort Walton Beach has been restoring fire damage for over twenty years in Okaloosa County! Here are some tips for selecting a fire extinguisher from the National Fire Protection Association:
- For the home, select a multi-purpose extinguisher (that can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle
- Choose a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out. Local fire departments or fire equipment distributors often offer hands-on fire extinguisher training.
- Install fire extinguishers close to an exit and keep your back to a clear exit when you use the device so you can make an easy escape if the fire cannot be controlled. If the room fills with smoke, leave immediately.
- Know when to go. Fire extinguishers are one element of a fire response plan, but the primary element is safe escape. Every household should have ahome fire escape plan and working smoke alarms.
It’s always a good idea to be prepared if there is a fire. Fire extinguishers, when used properly, can mitigate fire damage. When your home or commercial business has fire damage, our team in Fort Walton Beach is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.