Tornado Warning for Fort Walton Beach Area?
Do you know what to do when there is a tornado warning? Fort Walton Beach is known to have tornadoes. In 2021, a tornado caused damage in the area when strong winds caused a power line to fall across Lang Road. Our team in Fort Walton Beach restores storm damage throughout the year in Fort Walton Beach. Here are some tornado safety tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) if you are under a tornado warning:
- Go to NOAA Weather Radio and your local news or official social media accounts for updated emergency information. Follow the instructions of state, local and tribal officials.
- Go to a safe shelter immediately, such as a safe room, basement, storm cellar, or a small interior room on the lowest level of a sturdy building
- Stay away from windows, doors, and outside walls
- Do not go under an overpass or bridge. You’re safer in a low, flat location.
- Watch out for flying debris that can cause injury or death
- Use your arms to protect your head and neck
Call Us Today!
When you have storm damage in your Fort Walton Beach home or commercial business, our local team in Fort Walton Beach is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.