Water Damage Emergency in Fort Walton Beach Home?
Water is invasive and can cause extensive damage to a home if fast action is not taken to mitigate the problem. SERVPRO® of Fort Walton Beach offers this water damage timeline describing the damage water can do over time:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears
48 Hours to 1 Week
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
- Metal begins to rust and corrode
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold
- Paint begins to blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible
More Than 1 Week
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Fort Walton Beach has a team of water restoration technicians on-call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day. We’ll restore your water damage in Fort Walton Beach, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.