"I Think I Have Mold"
“I THINK I HAVE MOLD.” IS A COMMON PHONE CALL THAT WE GET HERE IN THE PANHANDLE OF FLORIDA.
FLORIDA WOULDN’T BE FLORIDA WITH OUT HIGH HUMIDITY AND THAT IS WHY WE SEEM TO HAVE MORE PROBLEMS WITH MOLD THAN THE OTHER HOMEOWNER IN OTHER STATES.
Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors. Mold spores are microscopic, floating along in the air and may enter your home through a window, door or AC/heating systems. They can even catch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet. Mold spores thrive on moisture and can start growing within 72 hours. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water or high humidity. Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to mold problem areas. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants. Try to keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE MOST FREQUENT WAYS THAT MOLD ACTUALLY BECOMES A PROBLEM IN A HOUSE OR YOUR PLACE OF BUSINESS:
- Roof damage from aged roofing materials or a strong storm
- Leaking pipes or sewer back-ups
- Household equipment overflowing such as a dishwasher, washing machine or water heater
- AC units blowing too much humidity
- Condensation on cold surfaces
- Heavy rain or flooding from severe storms or cresting of rivers and/or a storm surge
- Damp crawl spaces or basements
If you have any reason to think you have a mold problem or have water damage of any kind please give us a call at SERVPRO of Fort Walton Beach 850-863-2552. Our highly trained technicians are here for you 24/7/365. We will make it “Like it never even happened.”