Pets Starting Fires in Blue Water Bay Homes?
Our local technicians in Fort Walton Beach have been restoring fire damage in Blue Water Bay for over twenty years. The dog in the photo looks innocent enough, but he has a long history of kitchen disobedience. Whether pets cause fires intentionally or by accident, the National Fire Protection Association reports that pets and wild animals are responsible for starting over 750 home fires each year.
Here are some pet fire safety tips from the NFPA to keep your pets safe around fire:
- Keep pets away from stoves and countertops
- Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters
- Always use a metal or heat-tempered glass screen on a fireplace and keep it in place
- Keep pets away from a chimney’s outside vents
- Have a “pet-free zone” of at least three feet away from the fireplace. Glass doors and screens can stay dangerously hot for several hours after the fire goes out.
- Some pets are chewers. Watch pets to make sure they don’t chew through electrical cords. Have any problems checked by a professional.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Blue Water Bay has fire damage, our team in Fort Walton Beach is Here to Help. ® We’ll clean and restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.