Water Damage Mitigation Tips for Fort Walton Beach Residents?
Our local team in Fort Walton Beach uses powerful, industrial-grade water extraction and drying equipment to restore water damage quickly and thoroughly. Here are some tips from our website on things to do while waiting for professional help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place
- Hang furs and leather goods
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business in Fort Walton Beach has water damage, our local team in Fort Walton Beach is Here to Help. ® We’ll clean and restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.