What Can I Do if I Have Flood Damage in My Home in Fort Walton Beach?
When a storm causes water intrusion and your home or commercial business floods, our local team in Fort Walton Beach will restore the damage quickly and efficiently. Here are some tips from our website on things you can do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
Whether your business in Fort Walton Beach needs storm damage restoration services, our local team in Fort Walton Beach is Here to Help. ® Our technicians will clean and restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.