Fireworks Fire Damage in Fort Walton Beach?
Our local team in Fort Walton Beach wishes everyone a happy 4th of July! The National Fire Protection reports that the only safe way to view fireworks is to attend a professional show. Fireworks cause thousands of injuries each year, and children ages 10 to 14 have the highest rate of fireworks injury. Surprisingly, sparklers reach the temperature of 1200 degrees Fahrenheit (that’s 300 degrees higher than the temperature of melting glass) and account for roughly one-quarter of emergency room fireworks injuries.
If you are going to use fireworks at home, the South Walton Fire District asks Floridians to follow these safety precautions:
- Use sparklers and other legal novelties on a flat, hard surface. Do not light them on grass.
- Use sparklers in an open area. Keep children and pets at least 30 feet away from all ignited sparklers.
- Light only one item at a time and never attempt to re-light a “dud”
- Do not use unwrapped items or items that may have been tampered with
- Keep a fire extinguisher or water hose on hand for emergencies. It’s a good idea to drop used sparklers in a bucket of water
- Only purchase fireworks from licensed vendors
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks
- Never have any portion of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse
- Never carry sparklers in your pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers
Call Us Today!
When your Fort Walton Beach home or commercial business has fire damage, our team in Fort Walton Beach is Here to Help.® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.