How Can I Prevent Water Damage In My Okaloosa Island Home?
Our local team in Fort Walton Beach has been restoring water damage on Okaloosa Island for over twenty years. Routine inspection of indoor plumbing systems can help identify minor issues before they become major problems. Here are some tips from the Insurance Information Institute to help you maintain your indoor plumbing systems:
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Every year, make it a practice to check hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, and refrigerator ice makers. Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect showers and tubs.Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine.Never leave the house while the washer or dishwasher is running.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home. A damaged hose or a burst pipe can send water racing into your home. Being able to locate and shut off the main water supply quickly will save stress, money, and time.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes. Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
Call Us Today!
Water damage can happen at any time on Okaloosa Island. When your home or commercial business needs water damage restoration services, our team in Fort Walton Beach can respond 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.