Fire Safety Tips for Vacationers in Fort Walton Beach?
It’s vacation time, and many travelers are choosing to rent peer-to-peer vacation rentals. Our local team in Fort Walton Beach wants to encourage peer-to-peer vacation renters to be their own fire safety advocates and to do some research ahead of time. Fire safety regulations vary between jurisdictions, so be sure to research before you book your next vacation rental.
The National Fire Protection Association offers these tips for things to be aware of when booking peer-to-peer vacation rentals:
- Peer-to-peer hospitality services are not regulated in the same way as hotels
- Requirements vary across jurisdictions
- Do your homework before making a reservation
- Check online to see your travel destination’s regulations for rental properties
- Ask your host if the property meets the regulations
- Discuss other safety concerns you may have
- Check the forecast in case of storms that could cause power outages; assure the property has equipment in the event of a power outage
- Make sure there are working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms as required by law
- Make sure the owner has posted a floor plan noting escape route and emergency contact information
- All doors and windows that lead outside are able to be opened easily
Call Us Today!
When your Fort Walton Beach home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, our team in Fort Walton Beach can respond 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.