Lightning Strikes in Fort Walton Beach?
Do you know that Florida gets more lightning strikes each year than anywhere else in the country? Our team in Fort Walton Beach responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in the Fort Walton Beach area. Here are some lightning facts from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA):
- Lightning's unpredictability increases the risk to individuals and property
- Lightning often strikes outside of heavy rain and may occur as far as ten miles away from any rainfall
- "Heat lightning" is actually lightning from a thunderstorm too far away from thunder to be heard. However, the storm may be moving in your direction
- Most lightning deaths and injuries occur when people are caught outdoors in the summer months during the afternoon and evening
- Lightning strike victims carry no electrical charge and should be attended to immediately. Most people struck by lightning are not killed but are injured significantly.
- Your chances of being struck by lightning are estimated to be 1 in 600,000 but could be reduced even further by following safety precautions
Call Us Today!
When your Fort Walton Beach home or business has a storm damage emergency, our local team in Fort Walton Beach will clean and restore the damage, "Like it never even happened." Call us today at 850-863-2552.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.