Need Water Mitigation at Your Fort Walton Beach Property? Think SERVPRO
How Can Hiring SERVPRO for Water Mitigation Help You Prevent Long-Term Damage to Your Fort Walton Beach Home?
A water damage incident can have a lasting impact on your property both in terms of affecting its cosmetic appeal as well as structural integrity. Hiring SERVPRO professionals for water mitigation of your Fort Walton Beach home can help you prevent such long-term damages.
Before SERVPRO professionals can begin the water mitigation of your Fort Walton home, they determine the extent and severity of the damage using moisture sensing equipment. The water remediation plan is tailored toward the type of material involved and the amount of water present. It is crucial to use the right equipment and drying conditions to speed up the process.
What are the Different Classes of Damage That SERVPRO Techs Encounter During Water Cleanup of Fort Walton Beach Homes?
Depending on the type of the size of the loss, material involved, and the amount of water present, water damage in your Fort Walton Beach home can be classified into the following four categories-
- Class 1: Affects only a small area of the building, and the materials absorb minimum moisture. SERVPRO technicians usually use an open system dehumidification to dry class 1 water damage.
- Class 2: More extensive damage and water usually is wicked up the drywall up to 24 inches. Moisture also seeps into structural components. SERVPRO techs use strategically placed dehumidification systems and air movers to speed up the drying process.
- Class 3: Water loss affects a large part of the building, with ceilings, subfloor, walls, insulation, and carpets are all saturated with water. Mitigation requires efficient use of water-moving equipment in a combination of dehumidification.
- Class 4: Involves materials that have very low porosity and permeability. Some examples include hardwood, plaster, stone, and crawlspaces. It involves a lot of bound water, and it takes a long time to dry class 4 water damage completely.
- Call SERVPRO of Fort Walton Beach at (850) 863-2552 for any questions regarding water damage.