Are You Ready for the Holidays?
The holiday season is one of the best times of the year! There is so much to look forward to, so you don’t want any accident to ruin your plans, home, or business.
There are a couple things SERVPRO of Fort Walton Beach wants you to check before you get into that holiday spirit:
- Check your home or business furnace before starting. Change the air filter, clear the vents of any debris, and make sure your thermostat is working properly.
- Remember to turn off those lovely scented candles before you leave your house or office. Candles are one of the top fire starters when left unattended.
- Before placing your beautiful Christmas tree in the perfect spot, check the surrounding area. Make sure there is nothing that could catch the tree on fire, and that includes ornaments.
- Along with the Christmas tree placement, check the lights before you put them up outside or inside. Look for frayed wires or any hazards that could create an electrical fire. Do not overload your outlets, too.
- Take it easy on the cookie baking. Make sure your oven is working properly and if you smell gas and hear a hissing noise, leave your house and call the emergency utility line immediately. Do not reenter your house until it is checked for a gas leak.
- If you have a fireplace, have it inspected to see if it needs cleaning. Soot is flammable and can build up, so ensure your fireplace is good to go before you start using it!
SERVPRO of Fort Walton Beach is available 24 hours a day, even on holidays, if an emergency occurs. Make sure to call 850-863-2552 if there is any emergency we can help with!
*Remember, we are available for carpet, tile, drape, and upholstery cleanings too! We want to ease the craziness and take care of all that for you! Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of Fort Walton Beach!