Can Demolition Prevent Mold Growth After Water Damage?
Water Exposure can Deteriorate Fort Walton Beach Homes' Structural Elements, but our SERVPRO Team can Help Prevent Worsening Conditions
Understanding the needs of yourFort Walton Beachhome after a water disaster is not always as simple as it might seem. Surface damage is rarely the extent of the concern but is the only depth that conventional cleaning and drying approaches can reach in DIY restoration. As a leading water restoration company complete with a division of licensed general contractors, we have a comprehensive approach to meet nearly all the damaged property needs after a disaster.
Demolition and water damage repair for Fort Walton Beach homes can be a concerning necessity for property owners. These decisions do not get made lightly and can be instrumental in reducing the severity of the structural deterioration, water migration, and absorption into porous materials.
What Materials Require Demolition and Discarding After Water Damage?
Certain materials are more susceptible and sensitive to water absorption and deterioration, and these include:
- Drywall – Sheetrock makes up the surface layer of most wall systems, and because of its high porosity, it can become overly damaged in as little as 24 hours of direct exposure.
- Carpeting – Carpeting and wood flooring are often the most heavily damaged, as pooling water rests on these materials.
- Insulation – Wet insulation should get sucked out with an insulation vacuum and reinstalled when other wall system elements get replaced.
- Wood Framing – As vital as wood framing can be for the structure, saturation, or even microbial growth, requires controlled demolition and repairs.
- Furniture – Between wood and fabric, both of these materials can deteriorate and promote microbial growth after prolonged exposure. Instead of demolition, our contractors can move these items to a safe space.
Water losses can be a hazard to your home, but our SERVPRO of Fort Walton Beach team can help. We are available 24/7 to dry and repair your home. Call us at (850) 863-2552.
More about Fort Walton Beach.