If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (850) 863-2552

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Avoid Fire in Your Destin Home by Taking Certain Preventative Precautions

10/27/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Avoid Fire in Your Destin Home by Taking Certain Preventative Precautions Portable heaters are helpful in the winter time but they have the potential to start a fire. Stay vigilant and call SERVPRO if you have fire damage.

Destin's Fire Damage Professionals Talk About Common Causes of Structural Burns

Nobody ever plans on starting a dangerous fire inside their Destin home, but sometimes accidents do happen. One moment you can be cooking dinner, the next minute putting out a fire, then next noticing the fire damage caused by the blaze. Some fires just happen due to electrical shorts, clogged chimneys, or broken furnaces and they are not necessarily easy to prevent. However, other structural fires ignite due to dangerous situations people create inside their own homes. By knowing the common causes, it is easier to prevent causing fire damage to your property.
 
First off, it is always important to have an emergency exit plan seen by all of the members of the household so that everyone knows the best way to get out of the house safely. Next, getting the flames extinguished quickly can save your Destin home from fire damage. Once the fire is out and no longer smoldering or burning, it is now safe to call in restoration experts such as SERVPRO. Problems associated with heat and smoke can be treated more efficiently if the process starts right away.
 
The most common cause of house fires is cooking equipment. It is important to never leave the kitchen while cooking to make sure nothing gets too hot. Heaters also cause many structural burns including portable space heaters and furnaces. Make sure not to put space heaters near flammable materials such as clothes or paper.
 
Indoor smoking also causes many blazes to start inside residences. Cigarettes can appear to be out but ignite things as soon as they come into contact with flammable materials. Electrical equipment is another common source for indoor burns. Anything that uses electricity can short out and cause a spark.
 
However, disasters are never planned, and some fires ignite due to no fault of the homeowner. If this occurs at your home, our SERVPRO technicians are available to help you mitigate your problems all hours of the day. If you are ever the victim of a structural fire, call SERVPRO of Fort Walton Beach at (850) 863-2552 immediately after the blaze gets extinguished.

Click here for more about Destin.

Other News

View Recent Posts