Fire and Smoke Loss in Destin
Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease as illustrated in the Before Photo. This Destin home suffered a minor fire when a space heater ignited a heavy, synthetic drape in this converted attic. The sticky soot is pasted to the walls, ceiling, and some furnishings, but fortunately, no real structural damage. That means our SERVPRO team wipe off the stains, after pre-testing to find the desired detergent and sponge applicators. Gloss paint has a higher success rate of cleaning than does flat-finished painted walls and ceilings. We also set up a hydroxyl generator to neutralize the pungent odors and isolated the upstairs with poly sheeting. We can also introduce a light fogging to leave a pleasant aroma, "Like it never even happened." Just take a look at the After Photo!